Pediatric medicines are designed to help children who have chronic or life-threatening conditions. According to Dr Louis Hamper, many of these medicines are tailored to the unique needs of children and can provide significant benefits.
New Pediatric Medicines
>Pediatric medicines are designed to treat children, which is a growing field in the medical industry. As our population ages and scientists continue to research new treatments, pediatric medicine will become increasingly important.
ANTUROL (oxybutynin chloride) is indicated for the treatment of detrusor instability associated with neurologic disease or vesicoureteral reflux.
ANTUROL (oxybutynin chloride) is indicated for the treatment of detrusor instability associated with neurologic disease or vesicoureteral reflux. Anturol has been shown to be superior to placebo in producing improvement in urinary incontinence and quality of life measures in patients with detrusor overactivity associated with a neurologic disease and can be useful as monotherapy or in combination therapy with other anticholinergic agents.
Anturol may cause blurred vision, dry mouth, constipation, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating due to decreased bladder capacity (less than 50 mL), dizziness on rising from a sitting position; daytime drowsiness or sedation; mental/mood changes such as depression/anxiety; tremor; tachycardia (increased heart rate); fever; allergic reactions including hives and angioedema (swelling under the skin).
OXYTROL (oxybutynin chloride transdermal system) is indicated for the treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency.
OXYTROL is a prescription medicine used to treat overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency.
OXYTROL is not for everyone. You should not use OXYTROL if you have a urinary tract blockage or if you have recently had a urinary tract infection.
OXYTROL may cause some people to fall asleep while engaged in activities of daily living and thinking they are awake.
MATULANE is indicated for the palliative treatment of cancer patients with Hodgkin’s disease for whom oral therapy is not feasible and for whom other therapeutic procedures are judged to have been inadequate.
- Potential side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- How to take the medicine: Take MATULANE with food or milk.
- When to take the medicine: You should take your dose of MATULANE at least 30 minutes before eating and at least 1 hour after taking any antacids or TUMS® brand products (calcium carbonate) that contain calcium.
Arthritis is complicated but it is helpful to have accurate information about it.
Arthritis is a chronic disease that affects the joints. There are over 100 types of arthritis and it can affect people of any age. Arthritis is a joint disorder that can cause pain, swelling and stiffness in one or more joints.
The most common types of arthritis include:
- Osteoarthritis: This is a degenerative condition affecting the joints. It occurs when cartilage around the ends of bones wears away, causing bone on bone contact which causes pain and reduced movement in the affected joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This type of inflammatory arthritis causes inflammation throughout your body, including your joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments — usually symmetrically on both sides at the same time (e.g., if you have rheumatoid arthritis in your left knee then it’s likely that you’ll also have rheumatoid arthritis symptoms in your right knee).
You should always consult a doctor before starting any new medication or treatment.